What we are ...
We are a not-for-profit, member-based, association. We are registered under the Societies Act of the province of British Columbia, Canada and we serve as World Headquarters for all "Voters Without Religion" sister associations that may arise elsewhere in the world. Basically, our aim is to lesson the effect that religion plays in forming laws and policies around the world.
Our objectives ...
Specifically, as stated in our constitution, the purposes of our society are:
- to advocate and promote the election of political candidates at all levels of government (locally, nationally, and globally), who have no religious agenda, nor any religious affiliation, and
- to advocate that elected officials enact legislation to end tax privileges regarding the “advancement of religion”, and to instigate tax exemptions for the “advancement of the sciences, and
- to advocate that elected officials enact legislation to end property tax exemptions for properties classified as church properties, and
- to advocate that elected officials enact legislation to end public funding of faith-based schools, and
- to ensure that human rights, such as freedom of speech, and woman’s reproductive rights, are upheld, and
- to oversee, by advocacy, the separation of church and state, and
- to build a body of member volunteers via an internet presence, and other means of solicitation to promote those candidates that are non-religious over those that have religious agendas.